Monday, March 23, 2009

Black and White

After months of working on my own website and trying to get it just right, I finally discovered that a blog may be just the thing that I need to express myself and be able to contribute to the World in my own way. Yes, I know they have been around awhile, but with the advent of Social Networking (or at least my discovery of Social Networking) I feel it is so important to be writing. I love to write. I am by no means a professional writer, but I am actually working on my own book in the coming months. I set up a blog a couple of years ago, but I just didn't get it then. I get it now, so here we go;

Welcome to my Blog. Maybe you think the blog looks boring, gloomy perhaps. But I see it another way; I see it in black and white.

Black and White, you can't get any simpler than that. The theme, the colors, of my blog. Simple, yet sophisticated. Here I am in the world. I have a lot to say and share about my business experiences over the past 24 years. I want to share with the world in hopes that others can avoid the setbacks I have experienced over my lifetime. My life has been far from black and white, and I am sure many of you out there have had more complex lives than I, but, we each only have our own perspective.

I utilize Black and White on my blog partly because I love black and white photography, but also black and white also represents simplicity. Simplicity is important since there is so much complexity in our world today, we often have so much to choose from, many colors. I could have spent days on designing the blog with lots of cool colors. I love design and creativity. But what about the basics? We have so many colors to choose from we often get caught up and confused about what direction we are going due to the fact that we have so many choices. I represent the basics, basics such as black and white. I want to make life simpler, easier and create more happiness, I want to teach others how to avoid the bumps in the road.

Unfortunately for most business owners, their lives are not as simple as black and white as they are inundated with a variety of colors all the time, too many choices and too many problems. There is not a great deal of simplicity in their lives. Financial strain, never having enough money, not enough sales, how much to spend on marketing, and operational efficiencies just to name a few. Business owners deal with a lot of diversity and often pay for it through lack of family time, chaos, confusion, stress, worry, sleepless nights, and health issues. This was all before the economy fell apart. Operating a business can be very lonely at times. Who do you go to? How is a business supposed to be run?

Lots of questions? I have my own....how do you like my site? Is black and white cool? Let me know what you think. More on black and white tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

POWER4systems Copyright © 2008 D'Black by Ipiet's Blogger Template